Comparison of Pakistani Banks Products [Citi VS Standard Chartered VS ANZ VS ABN Amro VS MCB]
Below articles reviews the Pakistani Banks Products [Citi VS Standard Chartered VS ANZ VS ABN Amro VS MCB]
Standard Chartered Bank was the first to launch personal loans in Pakistan.
- The product can only be availed by employees of a reputable organization.
- The applicant should have a minimum of one-year full time working experience.
- He should be between 23 and 60 years old.
- Net regular monthly salary should be at least Rs.15, 000 or above.
- Residing in Karachi or Lahore.
- National Identity Card
- Salary Slip/ Certificate
- Certificate of Confirmed Employment from the Employer
- Public Limited Local Company’s Employees
- Public Limited Multinational Company’s Employees
- Other companies approved by the bank
ANZ Grindlays Bank
- Financing amount ranges from Rs.50, 000 to Rs.300, 000
- The financing tenors are 1,2 and 3 years
- Disbursement of loan is made within 3 working days.
- No end use defined for the product
- A processing fee equivalent to 1% of the financing amount is charged.
- The loan is disbursed into an account in Standard Chartered Bank. The repayment of equal, monthly installments are made using the same account through standing instructions.
- The Human Resource department of the corporate is involved. The company will inform the bank in case of death, retirement, resignation etc.
- If employee defaults/skips the loan is adjusted against end of service benefits, provided that the employee gives them the authority to do so.
- For Public limited local companies the Internal rate of return charged is 24%
- For Public limited Multinational companies the Internal rate of return charged is 20%
- For other companies that are approved , the Internal rate of return charged is 22%
- Prepayment penalty of 5% of the outstanding loan amount.
- Financing amount ranges from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 300,000
- The financing tenors are of 1,2 & 3 years
- Disbursement of loan in 10 days
- The internal rate of return (IRR) is 18% per annum on the reducing balance, irrespective of financing amount and financing tenor
- They are also offering exclusive deals for personal loan borrowers that includes,
- Vacation package arranged by Gerry’s International
- Exclusive deals from Philips ( 20 – 30 % off )
- Casabella home furnishings with attractive discounts
- Gerry’s Soft Logic is offering three different configuration on both desktops and notebooks
- For marriage purposes Almas Jewels International, Karachi is offering 20% discount and in Islamabad Jewel collection is offering 32%.
The Customer must mention the purpose of the loan so as to get the voucher on the respective deals e.g. if he fills electronic items he will get voucher for the Philips deals only.
- The maximum loan allowed is four times the customer’s salary
- Processing fee of Rs. 1,500 or 1% of the principal loan amount, whichever is higher, to be charged at the time of loan disbursement
- Prepayment penalty of 5% of the outstanding loan amount
- Monthly repayment can be done through post-dated cheque or direct debit instructions through your current/saving account at ANZ.
- Security is the household assets of the Customer.
- Insurance being done through Adamjee with a flat Premium of Rs. 750 per annum.
- At least 1 year or in business for at least 3 years
- Age 22-60 years
- Residing in Karachi, Rawalpindi/Islamabad
- Pakistani Resident
- Minimum net monthly income of Rs. 15,000
- Salary Slip/ Certificate
- Certificate of Confirmed Employment from applicants company
- Income tax return (for self-employed)
- Salaried Corporate Employees
- Self employed
- Residing in Karachi & Rawalpindi/Islamabad
Note: The Head Office in Melbourne has not yet approved the Personal loan scheme.
- Selected Institutional MCB customers
- Minimum net monthly income Rs.10, 000
- 25 to 55 years of age
- Permanent resident of Karachi
- At least 2 years of employment with current employer
- Financing amount ranges from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 500,000
- The financing tenors are of 1,2 & 3 years
- Disbursement of loan in 8 days
- The internal rate of return (IRR) is :-
A rank company’s employee:- 1 yr 13.99 %
2 yr 16.00 %
3 yr 16.00 %
- The worst case scenario is 23 % for 3 yr period for least graded company.
- The Customer has to be an Employee of a Firm in there approved list of companies ( These are institutional MCB Customers in Karachi )
- Since the loan is through the Customer’s HR Department, a lien is marked on the customer’s salary account in favor of MCB.
- No end use defined.
- Processing fee of 1% of the loan amount
- Prepayment penalty is 2 % of the outstanding loan amount
- Minimum income must be Rs. 10,000
- Loan Protector shield i.e. in case of death customer Bank is covered through insurance.
- Mode of disbursement through either direct salary transfers, payroll deductions or post dated cheques
- Balance Transfer Facility is merely one tranche payment to the Customer. Funds are transferred to an MCB account from which customer can take out money. The customer can actually use the amount for anything.
It is known as Balance Transfer Facility. The product enables customers to transfer their credit card balances to a switch account with ABN AMRO and to pay their credit card bills at a rate that is 13-16% lower than charged by credit card issuers.
- Applicant should be between 21 and 60 years old.
- He must have a valid Citibank VISA/MasterCard or ANZ VISA/MasterCard that has been renewed at least once (held by you for the last one year)
- Salaried person must have been employed for 3 years (or more) overall, or at least 2 years with your current employer.
- Self-employed and business-persons experience must be equal or more than 3 years.
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Copy of latest Credit Card Statements
- Original Bank Statements for the last six months
- Copies of your Citibank and/or ANZ Credit Cards
- Proof of Credit Card Renewal (for ANZ Credit Card holders only)
- Any other documents that ABN AMRO Bank N.V. may require
- SALARIED PERSONS
- Employment certificate from HR/Personnel Department
- Original salary slip (latest)
- SELF-EMPLOYED PERSONS
- Professional association certificate (for Self Employed professional only)
- Proof of Business (for Self-employed business persons only)
- Salaried as well as self-employed individuals
- Those who have credit card issued in Pakistan.
- Who make minimal monthly payments and revolve the balance amount.
- Who feel the need to lighten their credit card burden
- Minimum/Maximum Loan size should be ranging from Rs.50, 000- Rs.300, 000.
- Annual Fee of Rs.700 is deducted from the account
- There is no joining/processing fee charged
- The financing amount or the credit limit is determined by:
- 3 Gross salaries / 3 net incomes, or
- 300, 000, whichever is lower
- Minimum monthly payments include:
- 3% principle
- 20% interest on outstanding balance
- Option to prepay entire / partial amount without any penalty
- An individual walk-in customer will have to open an account of minimum Rs.100, 000 with ABN AMRO and maintain it for three months before availing the switch facility. For a MNC employee, he can avail the service immediately with a zero balance account.
- Relationship card will also be issued; with this card a customer can access any of the 24 ATMs across the country.
- Mode of repaying the loan is through standing instructions or dropping a cheque against the customer’s account.
Extended Features through Relationship Card: (Valid till September 30, 2000 in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad)
- Style & Finesse
- 10% at Hang Ten, Chen One, Labels, Fiction, Tie Shop, Mocciani, Bally and Ravissant on various purchases.
- 15% discount on wedding dresses from Exclusive and at Las Ropas, Mianz Nightwear, Angie’s Beauty Parlour and Cotton & Cotton.
- 20 % discount at Wrapables Lovable, Picasso and Neelo’s.
- 30% off at N.M. Chhotani, U.N. Chhotani and no making charges.
- 100 discounts on IRONEEZE and Rs.50 on BH branded products at Bien Habille.
- Mix & Match
- Various Discounts ranging from 15-50% at Suzuki Carachi Motors and Hyundai Motors.
- 10% discount at Wrapables on perfumery, Afgahn Carpet, Malikas’s Leather Shop and Mir Ain Furniture Studio on all purchases.
- 5% discount at Treasure Island.
- 15% on all products and services at Zeritta Flowers and 15% discount at Mir Ain Furniture Studio if you are buying product worth more than Rs.150, 000.
- 5-10% at Pearl Décor and 10-15% at Gallery 2000.
- Food $ Entertainment
- 10% at Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, New York Café, Déjà vu, Nacho Nana’s and Ming Court Chinese Restaurant.
- 15% at Copper Kettle, Arizona Grill and also for Food and Beverages at Avari Hotel Beach Luxury Hotel and dinner at Café Blue.
- 20% on pre-booked lunch at Café Blue, 25% on membership fee at Laser Club.
- Free Delivery from “a La Carte Xpress.”
- Travel & Adventure
- 30% Discount at Avari Beach Luxury Hotel on rack rates.
- 20% discount on all services offered by Avis Rent a Car and Budget Rent a Car.
- Travel by Qatar Airways and win a return ticket to Dubai.
- Health & Fitness
- 10% discount on Health Club Family Membership at Avari Beach Luxury Hotels.
- 15% at Rehman & Rehman Dental Clinic.
- 10-15% at Adidas Sports.
- 10% at Lords World of Sport and 10-25% at Clubs Sports International.
- Gadgets & Computers
- Net; Free Installation, Free 10 hours, 10-20% discount on Web Page Development.
- Night Sky; 7% on Telescopes, 10% on Telescope Accessories and other Free accessories.
- Education & Arts
- 10% at Informatics on all short courses.
- 15% at Paramount Books.
- 50% discount on @Internet Magazine
- 10% Discount at Chowkandi Art Gallery and Majmua Art Gallery on all purchases.
A brand of National Consumer Services (Pvt.) limited. The company was formed by the partnership of Pilots’ Occupational Disability Fund (PODF) and Invest Capital Securities (Pvt.) Limited. Currently it is providing loans for purchasing Hero Honda motorcycles, Fashion Furniture and diverse range of home appliances.
- Corporate Employees
- The company is currently giving loans only in Karachi
- No restriction on maximum financing limits
- Very wide variety of household appliances that are being or can be financed
- Home delivery
- Cost of documentation is Rs.500 that includes insurance
- Transportation cost (Home Delivery) is Rs.200, which includes in-transit insurance
For Corporate Employees: (Furniture & Home appliances)
- Zero percent equity required
- The choice of financing tenors for Home appliances is 3,6,12, 18, 24, 30 or 36 months.
- The choice of financing tenors for Fashion Furniture is 12, 18, 24, 30 or 36 months.
- Minimum three years of permanent employment.
- Employer guarantee required
- The Internal rate of return charged is low as compared to other companies:
|Period in months||Home Appliances||Fashion Furniture|
For Walk-in customers: (Home Appliances & Fashion Furnitutre)
- 30% down payment for Home Appliances
- 30% down payment for Fashion Furniture
- Fixed financing tenor of 12 months
- IRR for Home appliances is 26.62%
- IRR for Fashion Furniture is 26.67%
- Bank Employee guarantee required and relative guarantee required.
- An extra Rs.300 is charged for authentication documentation.
- Initial cost plus 11 dated cheques.
HERO HONDA Features:
- Financing available for only 12 months
- Minimum down payment of 30%
- The internal rate of return charged for 12 months is 26.59%
For Corporate Employees: (Hero Honda)
- Employer guarantee
- Employer must be registered with NCSL
- Customer must be listed as pre-approved candidate.
- Minimum three years of permanent employment
- Employer will deduct the monthly installments from the customer’s salary
For Walk-in customer: (Hero Honda)
- Two guarantees required
- Employee of a respected financial institution in Karachi or an employee of any known private sector foreign or local organization with a service life over 5 years in the said organization.
- There is no requirement for the other guarantor
- Hire Purchase Agreement:
- 12-post-dated cheques for monthly installment